Tuesday, July 22, 2008

THe Lost Spells

As mages, we all have our little spell rotations that we are used to casting to melt (or freeze-dry) the face of any and/or all nearby enemies that run afoul of our good sensibilities. Scorch, Ice lance, Pyroblast, etc. are all well known and often used spells that our party loves to see (Cuz of the awesomeness of the dps being caused!). But what about the other less widely used spells in our aresonal? Lets explore a couple of these today.

1) Amplify/Dampen Magic-If you are in end game content, you will know the use of amplify magic in the Gruul's fight. But amplify/dampen are very viable in other situations that can greatly cut the mana used of your healer. If you know that the next few fights are purely melee, throw up an amplify magic if not on everyone then on yourself. If you see a magical fight occurring, dampen magic might be of use. You will take a nibble off the overall healing but the damage mitigated might be worth it

2) Blink-I know we ALL love this nifty little trick when we are in Ironforge and want to get to the mailbox before that crafty gnome heading towards it. It also has its use when you have an AoE damage effect that you need to get out of QUICK! Combine that with mana shield and you have a viable way to stay alive through a LOT of damage.

3) Mana Ruby (and all the lesser mana stones)-Even though, as a lvl 70 mage, I have very little mana issues, I have found that these have saved my life in a couple of situations. How many times did we wish that we had just that little bit of mana to start a round of arcane missles on a boss that has 1% of health left instead od wanding? I know I have been there and I suspect there are a few of you out there too:)

I know there are others but these are the lil' buggers that I wanted to feature. Please feel free to add any others that I have not mentioned. Looking forward to it!

Babygorn
Rock On!

No comments: