Monday, July 28, 2008

Fire or Frost: That is the burning question...

I know that we all have or favs in mages (mine is fire) but I am also realistic in that I know that people have different playing styles that would lend towards fire or frost. As I dont intend for this to be a long post, I will just blurb a few things about both specs and see what you all think.

I am very content (as a player) doing the exact thing over and over again. There is is comfort in my OCD world if I can repeat things with the same sesults in my life. The same is true with a fire mage. I pick a target, I start my spell order, and ususally by the time that it reaches me, it is a molten pile of metal or cloth, whichever the case may be. I am comforted by this. And I dont rack up repair bills (usually). This is my style of play that fits well into my cocktail hours as I play (you cant screw up TOO much when you do the same thing over and over. Unless there is a sheep...... :) ) >

Frost mages are the round'em up, group'em up, and kill, kill, KILL! See, for me, this leaves too much room for error. I have a HUGE ego and I think I would have a tendency to gather the whole zone and think that, with a few of my frost spells, demolish the opposition. Now, I am not say that frost is not a great spec. I know many people out there that are frost and that they enjoy them immenslyl. Not to mention the great damage mitigation that they can generate. I am just saying for me, it would lead down a long and troublesome, repair-bill filled road. Dont be a mage if you are faint of heart.

Babygorn
Rock On!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

FIRE!!!!

I miss you!!

Babygorn said...

Thank you for the GEREAT posts!I do love me some hottie mages:)

Anonymous said...

Hey fellow Fire Mage, I need your assistance... come and join in the Mage Wars!

Babygorn said...

Mage Wars?? IS there something I need to know about??:)

Anonymous said...

Well... just a little one.. and speak of "one" I am the sole Fire Mage.... sigh... come on over and have a look.

Babygorn said...

Is Mage Wars a new game that I havent heard of or is it something happening in WoW?? :)