Monday, August 11, 2008

Guild Etiquette...Its just not about knives and forks......

As a mage, I have been invited to several guilds. I think that I have taken two offers in the 4 years that I have been WoWing. I take my guilds seriously in that, wanting to succeed in my guild, I try to follow serveral rules of etiquette:



Do your research. Is the prospective guild the type of guild you want to be in? I know many people accept a guild invite without the slightest clue as to what the guild is about. Look them up on Armoury (I believe that's where guild ratings are...I will look into that:) )Do whatever you can to find out all you can to be better informed.

Know Your Expectations. Do you like to raid? Or is the guild majorly just a social network for you? Know the answer to these questions can save you quite a bit of time.

Read Their Charter. Any guild worth its salt will have a website and a charter that they can refer you to as a quick reference to their expectations and regulationns. Make sure that you agree with what you see.

Know Your Officers. Once you are in a guild, know who the ruling class are. Trust me its embarrassing when you are spouting off at the mouth about the leading officers and you are talking to one! :)

Be Helpful. I know that this may seem like commonsense but I have found, more often than not, that it is not. If you dont help out guildies, they will be less likely to help you. Also, why be in a guild if all you are gonna do is the loner thing?

Give an Exit Interview. One of the worst things you can do to a guild leader is leave without letting an officer know that you are going and any reasons you may want to give as to why. Remember that there are real live people behind those toons and feelings can get hurt if the right thing isn't done

These are good starting rules to pick a guild that will honour your mage and help them flurish. Otherwise, people will just think you an ass and shun you like the Plaguelands:) Think about it.

Rock On!
Babygorn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a GM of the best guild EVER, I have to agree with the leaving thing Baby. I hate, hate, HATE it when I see xxx has left the guild and I have no reason why. If there is an issue, talk to an officer or the GM, they really don't want people to be unhappy. Well, not totally unhappy anyway.